- LT Jammal Brown is already ruled out of the game and was last reported to be seeing a specialist of sports hernias Dr. William Myers in Philadelphia. No news confirming the injury yet, but more time is probably not a good thing.
- With second string left tackle Zach Strief out with a knee injury, third stringer and former fourth round pick Jermon Bushrod is expected to face off against All-Pro defensive end Mario Williams, a brutal assignment. Look for the Saints to protect the health of Drew Brees from the pass rush with a tight end and/or a back. Undrafted rookie tackle Michael Brown from Mississippi State will come in for Bushrod.
- QB Joey Harrington will come in after Drew Brees this time around, only to give Harrington more evaluation time outside the third string. The backup quarterback job however is pretty much won, there is no way Harrington beats a healthy Brunell for the job, in our opinion.
- Look for the rotation of the Saints' safeties: Usama Young has been sharing snaps with Darren Sharper at free safety. Also, while Chris Reis is a special teams ace, he's been seeing playing time at both strong and free safety with Chip Vaughn out. And we'll re-iterate: in Gregg Williams' system, there is little difference between strong and free.
- Good story about all the University of Miami alums in tonight's game.
- The doink off the scoreboard (1:15 in) by Titans punter AJ Trapasso in last night's opening game of the Cowboys' new stadium evoked memories of Ray Guy blasting the gondola in the Superdome in 1976. And give credit to Trapasso, the height of the Cowboys HD video screen and the high of Guy's target back in 1976 were both 90 feet over the field.