- Just how good was Brees on Sunday? ESPN has some great statistics on his Week 2 performance here. The highlight? When two or more blitzers were sent by the Eagles, Brees was 6 for 6 with 96 yards and a touchdown.
- Cover of the Philadelphia Inquirer sports section today, big bold letters: "What Was That?" with a full-page picture of a flummoxed Andy Reid. As funny as the Baton Rouge Advocate's Saturday sports page regarding the ULL-LSU game: "Neighbors? Yes. Rivals? Not so much".
- Former Saint LB Rickey Jackson is among the 131 preliminary Hall of Fame candidates for the next Pro Football Hall of Fame class. Will this finally be his year? He's joined by fellow Dome Patrollers Sam Mills and Pat Swilling. Other former Saints on the list: CB Eric Allen, C Jay Hilgenberg, coach Bum Phillips, and RB George Rogers.
- The Saints will face another team missing an offensive cornerstone next week. They make the second half of back-to-back east coast road trips with a flight to Buffalo to face the Marshawn Lynch-less Bills. Backup Fred Jackson though has performed very well, with 220 yards rushing and 108 yards receiving and a touchdown through two games. He has however fumbled in both contests.
- Post-game tweets:
Jeremy Shockey wrote: "left alot of plays on the field .. gnight.. GOD BLESS.. WHO DAT!!!1"
Pierre Thomas wrote: "Who Dat! Our squad is something serious, we're in for one exciting year! Great win today, back to work tmro"
Leigh Torrence wrote: "Thanks to all you fans who came out to greet us at the airport just now! Wow! Had to have been a few hundred out there! Who dat!"
Courtney Roby wrote: "It feels so good to be back, this is a special TEAM. Who Dat!!!!!"
Billy Miller wrote: "Who Dat!!!! Well 2&0 and looked good vs a good team.. Congrats boyz"
Malcolm Jenkins wrote: "Feeling good after the win... bout to head back to NOLA .... Who Dat!!!"
Chase Daniel wrote: "How bout them Saints!!!"
Anthony Hargrove wrote: "2-0 need i say any mo...who dat!!!"
Reggie Bush wrote: "Great win for the Saints in one of the toughest places to play! God is good!"
Hornets PG Chris Paul wrote: "Yessssirrr that's my dude!!! @reggie_bush for Touchdown...so when does slaughter rule kick in affect lol..."
- Speaking of which, Paul will be appearing on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Tuesday night at 11:30pm central to discuss his new children's book.