- The Saints are 4-0 for the third time in team history. But the previous two times the Saints went 4-0, they had three of those games at home. The Saints have won two games on the road now.
- For the first time in team history, the Saints have beaten a rookie QB from USC. This from our previous notes during the previous week.
- Four games into his Saints career, and future Hall of Famer Darren Sharper has the Saints record for longest interception return for a touchdown - 99 yards. The fact that he has two interception return scores has already matched the team single-season record.
- Amazing stat from Jeff Duncan's twitter: the Saints defense hasn't allowed a single point in four fourth quarters so far. Offense has score 45 and given up 2 in fourth quarters.
- Similarly, the Saints have never trailed in a game.
- Postgame tweets:
Drew Brees wrote: "Big win yesterday. The Superdome was rockin. Thanks to all our fans who made it such a great atmosphere. Bye week and then the Giants."
Billy Miller wrote: "Man I have not been 4-0 since 1988 Carson Colts. And to all that don't belive n this team there will still b room on the bandwagon later"
Jets QB Mark Sanchez wrote: "Tough one today. Too many mistakes. A lot to learn from. Hats off to NO for capitalizing on my costly mistakes. Back to work"
Pierre Thomas wrote: "4-0 baby! The dome was rockin!"
Chip Vaughn wrote: "4-0........WHO DAT!!!!!"
Leigh Torrence wrote: "We are 4-0, headed into this bye week, life is sweet! Who Dat!"
Courtney Roby wrote: "The noise level and fan support was unreal 2nite!!! This is a special TEAM with special FANS...4-0 WHO DAT!!!"