- Both sides have announced their injury report for Sunday's game, and it features some key players for both teams.
For the Saints, starting left tackle Jermon Bushrod (knee and ankle), key runningback Mike Bell (knee), starting defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy are list as OUT. The Saints also listed backup TE Darnell Dinkins OUT.
For the Jets, cornerbacks Donald Strickland and Lito Sheppard are both OUT for the second week, and they are the #2 and #3 cornerbacks behind superb starter Darrelle Revis.
They will be replaced by Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman. Lowery is the player the Jets picked with the 113th overall selection in the 2008 draft, a selection traded by the Saints to the Jets as part of the Jonathan Vilma deal.
The Jets are also without DE Calvin Pace, who will serve the last game of his four game suspension this week.
- With Bushrod out at left tackle, Zach Strief will start at left tackle and be backed up by starting guard Carl Nicks and backup utilityman Jamar Nesbit.
- Rookie CB Michael Jenkins (ankle) is questionable. Long snapper Jason Kyle (knee/ankle), DE Bobby McCray (back), WR Lance Moore (hamstring) are probable.
- This Sunday, NFC Offensive Player of the Month Saints QB Drew Brees will face off against AFC Offensive Rookie of the Month in Jets QB Mark Sanchez.
- The New Orleans Hornets will scrimmage Saturday at their training camp location in Lafayette and then travel to New Orleans to practice in the morning and then attend the Saints game as a team Sunday afternoon.